Cardiff City loanee Rhys Healey is catching the eye at Colchester United
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United boss, Tony Humes, wants to keep Rhys Healey for “as long as possible.”
Healey slammed home his fourth goal in just five league appearances for Colchester United, in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Swindon Town.
The 19-year-old, who arrived on loan from Cardiff City in mid-September, on a three-month deal, is certainly impressing Humes.
“We’ve got Rhys (Healey) until mid-December 15/16, and hopefully he will stay until then,” explained Humes.
“I’ve spoken to Russell Slade (cardiff boss), who is quite happy with him being here at the minute, so we want to keep that going.
You may also want to watch:
“I told Russell that I’m really pleased with Rhys.
“He’s obviously got a lot of learning to do as well, but here is a great place for him to continue with his development.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
“I’d like to keep him as long as possible,” added Humes.