Carlton Park 3 IES II 2
Carlton Park 3 Ipswich East Suffolk II 2Carlton Park sealed a good win against top of the table IES. Both teams started off positively with much of the play being in midfield, but it was Park that got the breakthrough when a thunderous shot by Sarah Whatling found the back of the visitor's net.
Carlton Park 3 Ipswich East Suffolk II 2
Carlton Park sealed a good win against top of the table IES.
Both teams started off positively with much of the play being in midfield, but it was Park that got the breakthrough when a thunderous shot by Sarah Whatling found the back of the visitor's net.
Park then had to re-position players due to an injury to Vicky Le Fanu but this didn't phase them at all.
You may also want to watch:
They quickly added their second when a good cross found Denise Manning unmarked she controlled the ball and slotted home.
IES pulled a goal back just before half time with a clean strike from a penalty corner.
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Burgers, Wings and Ribs comes to Stowmarket
Park knew that they had to keep their concentration at the beginning of the second half but neither team found the accurate passing that they had in the first half.
IES then drew level when a quick taken free hit caught Park napping and a shot took a deflection and ended in the back of the net.
This made Park more determined and they were unlucky to take the lead when Sarah Whatling's shot went wide.
Park were awarded a few penalty corners and their perseverance paid off when a shot by Sarah Whatling was blocked only to be passed straight back to her. Her second attempt gave the visitor's keeper no chance.
IES were then awarded a penalty corner and some excellent running out by Emma Tuckwell saw her clear the ball before a shot could be taken on goal.
Park added pressure on the visitors and forced them to make errors. The final whistle came with IES hemmed in their defensive half of the pitch.