Casey Campbell stars as Colchester Gladiators beat Kent Exiles
- Credit: Archant
SFC 1 East Colchester Gladiators 12 Kent Exiles 0 After showing signs of improvement each week, particularly in last weeks’ narrow defeat to the London Olympians, the Colchester Gladiators finally put together a complete game and recorded an impressive win against a strong Kent Exiles team.
The defence certainly led the way, holding Exiles’ American passer to just 89 passing yards from 36 attempts, forcing two sacks and three turnovers, including a fumble recovery on the opening kick-off.
The offence did not turn the ball over all day, and Casey Campbell recorded his and the team’s first 100 yard rushing game of the year, finishing with 108, while Sam Gennings caught six Rob Wickham passes for 105 yards.
Gennings scored to give the Gladiators a 6-0 lead, before Campbell added a six-yard run to make it 12-0 in the second quarter.
And that proved enough, as the defence held the Exiles scoreless.
You may also want to watch:
The Gladiators face the Cambridgeshire Cats on Sunday.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week