Catch up on today’s live coverage of Ipswich Town’s press conference ahead of Nottingham Forest trip
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town take on Nottingham Forest, at The City Ground, in their final match of a disappointing Championship campaign on Sunday (12pm ko, Sky Sports). Here’s coverage of Blues boss Mick McCarthy’s pre-match press conference at Playford Road.
The Blues can finish between 14th and 19th – anything below 16th would represent their lowest position since promotion to the second-tier in 1957.
Nottingham Forest, meanwhile, are one of three teams still battling the drop on what has been dubbed ‘Survival Sunday’.
Tony Mowbray’s Blackburn Rovers occupy the final relegation spot ahead of their match at Brentford (also to be shown on Sky).
Mark Warburton’s Forest are above them on goal difference, while Harry Redknapp’s Birmingham City – who play at Bristol City – are two points clear.
The City ground will be close to its 30,000 capacity for Town’s visit.
You may also want to watch:
Blues reporters Stuart Watson and Will Ridgard were at Playford Road to provide live updates from the Ipswich Town pre-match press conference this lunchtime.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 5 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon