Celebrate Luke Chambers’ new Ipswich Town contract with a ‘Chambo fistpump’
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town skipper Luke Chambers has signed a new two-year deal with the Blues, ending uncertaintly over his future at Portman Road.
The 31-year-old defender almost rejoined former club Nottingham Forest on January’s transfer deadline day, at that point the Blues were still to take up the option which could see them sign the ex-Northampton defender for another season.
The club took up the option on Chambers towards the end of last month, and have also secured the services of Dean Gerken and Christophe Berra for another year, having triggered similar clauses.
“I’m pleased something has finally been sorted out, so I am lookingto see what the future brings over the next few years now,” Chambers told the club’s official website.
“I never envisaged leaving, the last six months have been a bit strange, and we just want to get ourselves back fightng in and around the play-offs next season.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully it will be a busy summer and we can kick on again next year.”
Chambers has played 240 games for the Blues in all competitions so far, and has chipped in with 14 goals.
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Burgers, Wings and Ribs comes to Stowmarket