Chairman becomes manager at Halstead
HALSTEAD Town chairman Jim Holder has been named the club’s new manager after Rob Munro left following what the club have described as “the conclusion of the short-term management period”.
Munro took over from Jody Brown at the start of the season but Halstead have struggled near the bottom of the Ridgeons League Division One.
A statement on Halstead’s website: “The club wish to place on record its gratitude to ‘Scouse’ (Munro) for his work during the first months of the season where he was instrumental in picking the team up.
“Scouse has brought in some new players that are starting to show for the club as well as nurturing the academy players that have regularly been in the squad.”
Holder, who will be assisted by Andy Joslin in a player-coach role, saw his side lose 2-0 at fellow strugglers Swaffham Town on Saturday in his first match in charge.
You may also want to watch:
Vice Chairman, Darren Smith, will now take over the administration and running of the club allowing Holder to concentrate on the footballing side.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship