Watch: Fist pumps, first goal and getting the armband - Luke Chambers’ Top 5 Town moments
- Credit: Archant
After months of speculation, Ipswich Town skipper Luke Chambers signed a new two-year deal last week – so we’re celebrating with a look at his top 5 Town moments.
Our video guru Ross Halls presents and picks out five famous moments from Chambers’ time at Town, including his first time as captain, his first goal and those famed fist pumps.
The 33-year-old, who has made 314 appearances for the club since signing from Nottingham Forest in the summer of 2012, had been out of contract at the end of the season.
He was recently linked with a move to MLS side Chicago Fire but, with the Blues almost certainly heading to League One, the central defender has signed up for two more years to ensure he is a key part of manager Paul Lambert’s rebuilding effort.
His new deal expires in the summer of 2021, at which point he would be 35.
You may also want to watch:
- What are your favourite Luke Chambers moments? Let us know below!
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'