Championship clubs battle for Canadian
CARDIFF, Derby, QPR and Sheffield United are all chasing Gillingham striker Simeon Jackson. (Daily Mirror)The 22-year-old was born in Jamaica, but has played six times for Canada having grown up there.
CARDIFF, Derby, QPR and Sheffield United are all chasing Gillingham striker Simeon Jackson. (Daily Mirror)
The 22-year-old was born in Jamaica, but has played six times for Canada having grown up there.
Jackson moved to England at the age of 15 and, after being rejected by Gillingham, joined Rushden & Diamonds. There he was the club's top-scorer in back-to-back seasons.
His goalscoring exploits earnt him trials at Manchester United and Manchester City in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
Jackson was signed by Gillingham for �150,000 in 2008 - the club that originally turned down the opportunity to sign him. When he left the Diamonds he had established himself as the club's 8th highest goalscorer, scoring 43 goals in just over 100 games.
Jackson has scored 24 goals in 60 appearances over the last season and a half with the Kent club.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 9 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site