Chance to try water polo at Crown Pools
Team Ipswich Water Polo are celebrating the reopening of the competition pool at Crown Pools by offering youngsters the chance to try out the Olympic sport.
A free taster session for a new under-14s section with coach Tom Ealham will run from 6pm to 7.15pm at Crown Pools on Sunday September 9, writes Andrew Pakes.
Taster sessions are also being held for older junior and senior players, on September 4 between 8pm to 9.20pm at Crown Pools and at Royal Holbrook School on Friday September 7 from 8pm to 9.30pm.
Club captain Phil Trett said: “People will hopefully have seen water polo on TV and seen how strong and agile the players are and will want to try it out.
“There are plenty of opportunities to go far with the sport, especially at university.
You may also want to watch:
“Overall, it is a sport with a good team environment, that teaches you good ball-handling skills and team tactics while, at the same time, being an a lot of fun.”
For more details visit www.ipswichwaterpolo.org. Alternatively, contact club captain Phil Trett on 07866 246810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 7 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 8 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 9 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
n Have you ever played water polo? Is water polo something you would consider trying out?
Contact us: email@example.com