Chantry Bowls Club seek new members
- Credit: citizenside.com
Chantry Bowls Club are looking for new members, experienced or beginners, to join them for the 2017 season.
The green is located near the Sue Ryder Nursing Home on Chantry Park and is a most idyllic setting for a most relaxing interest.
The club has a rich history, dating back to the latter months of the Second World War.
Then, the local air-raid wardens called ‘G’ group sought permission from the Ipswich Borough Parks Department to use a lawn in Chantry Park for a bowling green.
Permission was granted and the lawn was upgraded to play bowls on, at the same site as it is to this day. After the war finished the wardens decided to carry on and the club was formed.
You may also want to watch:
The club is very keen to keep going strong and anyone interested can attend the opening afternoon on April 15 or contact Shirley Pert 01473 413488 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 3 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 9 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 10 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs