On the run: focus on the Ipswich parkrun
- Credit: Archant
A field of 263 braved the very warm conditions to take part in the 305th staging of the Ipswich parkrun, held at Chantry Park on Saturday morning.
Andrew Hennessy, a member of Wells City Harriers, led home the field in a time of 17mins 42secs, although this was nearly a minute behind the over-40 veteran’s PB of 16:51 for the Ipswich event. It was his 36th parkrun.
Adam Howlett, of Framlingham Flyers, was second in 18:23, with Ipswich JAFFA’s Geraint White third with 19:00, which was a PB.
Neil Parry was fourth in 19:16, and there was an impressive debut from young Ewan Anderson, who celebrated his first-ever parkrun with a 19:20 clocking in the 11-14 year-old age group.
Carys Durie was the first female finisher in a time of 21:59 for the 5K test, which was only two seconds adrift of her PB.
JAFFA teenager Shannon MacSephney was second in 24:47 in what was her 171st parkrun.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking