On the run: focus on the Ipswich parkrun
- Credit: Archant
A field of 263 braved the very warm conditions to take part in the 305th staging of the Ipswich parkrun, held at Chantry Park on Saturday morning.
Andrew Hennessy, a member of Wells City Harriers, led home the field in a time of 17mins 42secs, although this was nearly a minute behind the over-40 veteran’s PB of 16:51 for the Ipswich event. It was his 36th parkrun.
Adam Howlett, of Framlingham Flyers, was second in 18:23, with Ipswich JAFFA’s Geraint White third with 19:00, which was a PB.
Neil Parry was fourth in 19:16, and there was an impressive debut from young Ewan Anderson, who celebrated his first-ever parkrun with a 19:20 clocking in the 11-14 year-old age group.
Carys Durie was the first female finisher in a time of 21:59 for the 5K test, which was only two seconds adrift of her PB.
You may also want to watch:
JAFFA teenager Shannon MacSephney was second in 24:47 in what was her 171st parkrun.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 3 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 4 Judge won't play for Ipswich again this season as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 7 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 8 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 9 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop