Ipswich parkrun celebrates its sixth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A 300-plus field of runners, joggers and walkers joined in the celebrations, along with the organisers and volunteers, for the sixth anniversary of the Ipswich parkrun yesterday.
This was the 313th staging of the Ipswich event, which began back on September 8, 2012.
Alexander Hiley, a first-timer at the Ipswich parkrun, led home a total of 301 finishers in a time of 18 minutes 36 seconds. Hiley was 20 seconds ahead of runner-up Ben Jacobs, an over-40 veteran from Felixstowe Road Runners, who posted 19:01. Ipswich JAFFA’s Nicholas Clarke was third in 19:01.
The top five was completed by Stowmarket Striders’ Stuart Buchan (19:03) and JAFFA’s Geraint White (19;05).
Teenager Jasmine Bilner, of JAFFA, was the first female finisher in 24:09, followed by Emily Cross, who set a personal best of 24:26..
You may also want to watch:
Colin Shaw, of Woodbridge Shufflers, celebrated his 100th parkrun, as did Paul White.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 9 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win