Chaplin saves Town
Mildenhall Town 2 Bury Town 2BURY Town maintained their unbeaten run in their concentrated pre season programme in this hard fought draw.
Mildenhall Town 2 Bury Town 2
BURY Town maintained their unbeaten run in their concentrated pre season programme in this hard fought draw.
Playing down the slope, Bury had the better of the opening exchanges with Andrew Tidswell going closest. Mildenhall looked sharp on the break, but were unable to fashion a clear chance.
The hosts then had a period of pressure and the Bury defence were often at full stretch. In a Bury break Sam Reed fired wide from six yards following good play by Elliot Hunter.
Mildenhall came back strongly and Carl Murkin shot just wide at the far post. Mildenhall took the lead on 33 minutes when John Sands beat Marcus Garnham following a cross from the left after Bury had failed to clear.
Play in the remainder of the half was evenly shared with few further scoring opportunities.
- 1 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 5 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 6 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 7 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 8 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 9 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 10 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
Bury started the second period on top and duly equalised on 55 minutes when Sam Reed fired home after the ball had rebounded off a home defender.
Mildenhall fought back again and regained the lead on 64 minutes when Carl Murkin converted a low cross from the right.
Two minutes later it was all square again when Scott Chaplin scored in a goalmouth melee.
Both sides were looking for a decider, and chances were created at each end, but there was no addition to the score and a draw was a fair result
Bury Team: 1 Marcus Garnham, 2 Elliot Hunter, 3 Ashley Sloots (Ben Coker 46), 4 Michael Steward, 5 Roscoe Hipperson (Gavin Johnson 46), 6 Sam Nunn, 7 Scott Chaplin (Callum Kearns 68), 8 Ross Kelly, 9 Sam Reed, 10 Andrew Tidswell ( Craig Nurse 68), 11 Lee Reed (Andrew Wood 68).