Chaplin saves Town
Mildenhall Town 2 Bury Town 2BURY Town maintained their unbeaten run in their concentrated pre season programme in this hard fought draw.
Mildenhall Town 2 Bury Town 2
BURY Town maintained their unbeaten run in their concentrated pre season programme in this hard fought draw.
Playing down the slope, Bury had the better of the opening exchanges with Andrew Tidswell going closest. Mildenhall looked sharp on the break, but were unable to fashion a clear chance.
The hosts then had a period of pressure and the Bury defence were often at full stretch. In a Bury break Sam Reed fired wide from six yards following good play by Elliot Hunter.
You may also want to watch:
Mildenhall came back strongly and Carl Murkin shot just wide at the far post. Mildenhall took the lead on 33 minutes when John Sands beat Marcus Garnham following a cross from the left after Bury had failed to clear.
Play in the remainder of the half was evenly shared with few further scoring opportunities.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 9 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 10 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
Bury started the second period on top and duly equalised on 55 minutes when Sam Reed fired home after the ball had rebounded off a home defender.
Mildenhall fought back again and regained the lead on 64 minutes when Carl Murkin converted a low cross from the right.
Two minutes later it was all square again when Scott Chaplin scored in a goalmouth melee.
Both sides were looking for a decider, and chances were created at each end, but there was no addition to the score and a draw was a fair result
Bury Team: 1 Marcus Garnham, 2 Elliot Hunter, 3 Ashley Sloots (Ben Coker 46), 4 Michael Steward, 5 Roscoe Hipperson (Gavin Johnson 46), 6 Sam Nunn, 7 Scott Chaplin (Callum Kearns 68), 8 Ross Kelly, 9 Sam Reed, 10 Andrew Tidswell ( Craig Nurse 68), 11 Lee Reed (Andrew Wood 68).