Chelmsford Chieftains move closer to quadruple
- Credit: contributed
Chelmsford Chieftains are now just two games away from securing a quadruple after they brushed aside the Streatham Redskins to reach the Play-Off Final.
The Essex side – who have already secured the Division One South Championship, League Cup and South East Trophy – beat the Redskins 12-2 on aggregate in the play-off semi-finals last weekend, winning 7-0 at home following a 5-2 away victory.
It has been an outstanding campaign for the team from Riverside Ice & Leisure, with the Wightlink Raiders – the team who finished second behind them in the table – now standing between them and the perfect campaign.
The Isle of Wight-based side will provide stiff opposition over the two legs after they overcame the challenge of Invicta Dynamos last weekend.
Chieftains travel to the Isle of Wight on Saturday for the first leg and on Easter Sunday it’s the second leg at Riverside (6.30pm face-off).
You may also want to watch:
Victory would provide a fitting send-off for player-coach Gary Clarke ahead of his testimonial on Saturday, May 10.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 7 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead