Chelmsford crash out of EH Cup
EH Women's Cup quarter-finalsChelmsford 0 Poynton 1Chelmsford crashed out of the EH Cup on Sunday to lower league Poynton.Poynton, having already beaten a side from the Premier Division in the Cup this season, started the stronger side and it was not long before Chelmsford's keeper Helen Fagg was called into action.
EH Women's Cup quarter-finals
Chelmsford 0 Poynton 1
Chelmsford crashed out of the EH Cup on Sunday to lower league Poynton.
Poynton, having already beaten a side from the Premier Division in the Cup this season, started the stronger side and it was not long before Chelmsford's keeper Helen Fagg was called into action.
You may also want to watch:
Chelmsford were unable to construct any possession of play and the side from the lower division finally took a well deserved lead in the 20th minute. Chelmsford were unable to take control of the match and were fortunate not to be trailing by two goals when Poynton were unable to score from a penalty stroke minutes before half-time.
After the interval, Chelmsford slowly started to put pressure on the defence of Poynton. Goal scoring chances did fall to Lynn Bollington but she was unable to convert the pressure into goals.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 6 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
Following the heights of European Indoor Finals of the previous weekend and the intensity of the recent training and league schedule, the tiredness began to show for the home side and they found it increasingly difficult to summon enough strength to break the defence of their visitors.
Poynton held onto a well-deserved win and progress to the semi-final of the cup.