Chelmsford II 0 Reading 1A 1
England Hockey Women's 2nd XI Cup Quarter-FinalChelmsford Ladies II 0 Reading 1A's 1CHELMSFORD Ladies twos faced Reading Ladies 1A's on Sunday in bitterly cold conditions and frequent snow flurries.
England Hockey Women's 2nd XI Cup
Chelmsford Ladies II 0 Reading 1A's 1
CHELMSFORD Ladies twos faced Reading Ladies 1A's on Sunday in bitterly cold conditions and frequent snow flurries. Our Ladies Twos were depleted to a minimum squad with no substitutes available against a very strong Reading side.
You may also want to watch:
The first half started evenly with good chances for both sides, but as the game progressed Reading gradually exerted more pressure and finished the half looking stronger.
The second half developed into a more end to end game with both teams having a number of short corners. Reading scored midway through one of the these, but Chelmsford fought hard and had a number of goal scoring chances. The Chelmsford team finished really strongly and ended with some potentially match saving corners, unfortunately they proved to be close misses, leaving the supporters in tatters, and the game finished 0-1 to Reading.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
The team worked really hard from start to finish and should be very proud of their performance given the harsh playing conditions and their small squad.
Good luck to Reading in the semi-finals.