Chelmsford II 1 Harleston 11 (eleven)
Premier AChelmsford II 1 Harleston Magpies 11 (eleven)Harleston travelled to Chelmsford looking to build upon on their win from last weekend. Harleston started quickly, pressurising Chelmsford at every opportunity.
Chelmsford II 1 Harleston Magpies 11 (eleven)
Harleston travelled to Chelmsford looking to build upon on their win from last weekend.
Harleston started quickly, pressurising Chelmsford at every opportunity. After good build up play Harleston eventually took the lead when Tom Sumner lofted a shot past the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
The lead was soon doubled when Neil Toulson slotted home at the back post after Tristan Baynes put in a good cross.
With Chelmsford on the back foot Harleston continued to press and soon scored two more goals in quick succession one from Tristan Baynes dispatching a low penalty corner and the second from Andy Hipwell who slapped his shot home from the middle of the area after excellent build up play.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
Andy Hipwell added another and just before the end of the half and Colin Wheelhouse popped up at the back post to slot home from close range much to his delight.
Harleston started the second half much the same as the first playing champagne hockey and really moving the ball around well. Chelmsford struggled to keep up with the pace of the game.
Harleston soon scored their seventh when, after good build up play, Andy Hipwell hit a shot across his body past the advancing goal keeper. Tristan Baynes then scored his second from another corner before Andy Hipwell grabbed his fourth goal with an excellent deflection after David Ling had banged a cross in off the ground.
Tristan Baynes then finished his hat trick off in style after Neil Toulson intercepted the ball at the top of the D and backed off to allow Tristan to pick his spot before smashing the ball past the helpless goalkeeper. Andy finished off the rout after rebounding at a short corner, lifting the ball past the keeper. Harleston were unable to keep a clean sheet when a lapse in concentration saw Chelmsford grab a consolation goal.
Next week Harleston are at home against a strong Broxbourne side.