Chelmsford II 2 Waltham Forest 2
East Women’s Hockey League
Division One South
AFTER another battle to find a team the Ladies seconds travelled to Waltham Forest.
With new players to the team and new positions for some we went into the game a little uncertain.
Waltham Forest went one up very early on and we knew we had a fight on our hands. It was a physical game but we stood up well and took the fight to them! We equalised from an excellent penalty corner routine with Sophie Green powering the ball home. The game was on!
Lucy Kirkby, player of the match, made some excellent saves and our defence were outstanding. Steph Agar, Niamh O’Byrne, Philli Went and Charlotte McGuiness kept frustrating the Waltham Forest forwards and throughout the game just got stronger and stronger.
We went 2-1 up from a Sarah Bamfield strike from the top of the D but Waltham Forest came back with a lucky goal that just slipped past our defence.
- 1 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 4 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 5 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 6 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 7 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 8 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 9 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 10 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
We very nearly won the game. Sarah had an excellent strike on goal and everyone thought it was going in but the keeper got down superbly and deflected the ball off the pitch. We were very pleased with the draw and look forward to the return match at home after Christmas.
Ladies II next game is at Home versus Havering at noon.