Chelmsford II 5 Ipswich II 0
East Women’s Hockey league
Second XI Cup
WITH a very similar team to Saturday we knew we had a strong chance of putting out a good performance.
Ipswich although a league above have not won a game yet this season!
We started strongly creating an immediate chance on goal and winning a penalty corner that Sarah deflected in from the initial Sophie Green strike. We continued to attack using both wings and the passing moves and chances created were excellent. Maddy Newlyn got the second goal a strike straight through the keepers legs.
You may also want to watch:
Liz Holmes, player of the match, kept the midfield under control and stopped Ipswich attacking through the middle of the pitch. The third goal came from a pinpoint cross from the right wing which found Sarah who put the ball over the keepers head and into the back of the net.
The second half found Ipswich trying to control the game but the determination and positive attitude of the Chelmsford prevented Ipswich from making many clear chances. The fourth goal came from an excellent run from Sarah who found Ally Farrar unmarked in front of goal who duly slotted it in. Finally an excellent fifth goal from Sarah sealed the win and a place in the quarter finals in February. Overall an excellent weekend for the seconds and everyone involved. Well done every one.
- 1 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 5 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 6 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm