Chelsea will land their man
CHELSEA will try to steal Franck Ribery from under the nose of Real Madrid in the January transfer window. (The Sun)The Stamford Bridge club will offer a British transfer record of around �45million for the France winger.
CHELSEA will try to steal Franck Ribery from under the nose of Real Madrid in the January transfer window. (The Sun)
The Stamford Bridge club will offer a British transfer record of around �45million for the France winger.
Ribery's German club Bayern Munich insisted yesterday that they had already turned down one mega offer from Chelsea.
With the �37.5m signing of Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero all but tied up, the Blues will now focus on Ribery, also a top target for Manchester City.
You may also want to watch:
Real are widely believed to have already agreed a deal for Ribery to join Madrid next summer.
But sources close to Ribery, 26, claim Chelsea have offered a contract worth �172,000 a week, just under �1m more a year than Real.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 8 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti has told owner Roman Abramovich that the club can survive the impact of a probable transfer ban next summer - IF he can sign two new players in January.
As a result, Chelsea are willing to spend up to �100m in the next available window.
Uli Holness, Bayern general manager, has claimed Chelsea had offered right-back Jose Bosingwa in part-exchange for Ribery.
He said: "The best bid for Franck came from Chelsea - �65m plus their player Jose Bosingwa."
The Blues' pursuit of Ribery has been given a boost by Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness conceding the player will leave the German club if he does not believe they are ambitious enough. (Daily Mail)