Chris Bastick wins Wednesday Evening Motocross Championships series
The Halstead club hosted the third and final round of the Wednesday evening motocross championships at their Wakes Colne, Essex circuit, sponsored by GH Motorcycles of Colchester and G&B Finch Ltd.
A large crowd watched the ten-race action on a fine sunny evening and racing was closely contested.
The four qualifying heat races decided as to which of the first 15 in each heat would progress to the two semi-finals, and in the first eight-lap semi it was George Baldwin who took the win, ahead of local ace, Jason Morland, followed by Brad Tomlin and Sam Mitchell.
British Championship contender, Lewis Tombs, won the second semi-final after a closely fought battle with championship leader Chris Bastick.
Southern youngster, Jordan Divall was third, ahead of Northampton’s David Frankland.
You may also want to watch:
It was Divall who led the ten-lap final, chased by Baldwin and Bastick, these three engaged in a high speed race. Baldwin took over at the front on lap three with Bastick chasing hard as he moved into second place and, despite his efforts, Baldwin held onto the lead and a well-deserved hat trick of wins on the night.
Divall was third and Morland just took fourth place after a thrilling race long battle with Tombs. These two were inches apart throughout. Brad Tomlin had a poor start and from a middle of the pack start raced through to claim sixth at the finish.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 3 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 4 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 5 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 8 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
- 9 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 10 Matchday Live: Cook makes four changes as Town take on Pompey
The series was won by Chris Bastick with 66 points, Tomlin on 53 and Lewis Tombs on 51.