Chris Porter no nearer to a Colchester United return
Colchester United club captain, Chris Porter, is still struggling to overcome a frustrating ankle injury.
Target man Porter injured his ankle during the latter stages of the opening day 2-2 home draw against Blackpool.
The ex-Sheffield United marksman had been hoping to make a swift return to action, but has suffered setbacks in his bid to regain fitness.
He will therefore again miss out on the U’s next game, ironically away at his former club Sheffield United tomorrow evening.
“Chris (Porter) was not really very close to playing at Chesterfield,” admitted manager Tony Humes, with reference to last Saturday’s 3-3 draw.
You may also want to watch:
“He trained in the early part of the (last) week, and then got a reaction, and it didn’t really get any better.
“So he will not be right for Tuesday.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 9 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
“We’ve just got to wait and see how Chris progresses and develops, but we’re probably looking at another week before we get there,” added Humes.