‘He has been one of the leading lights’ - Wilder on McGoldrick’s impact
- Credit: Archant
Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder has hailed the impact of David McGoldrick since his summer arrival at Bramall Lane.
The former Ipswich striker has scored six goals in 22 Championship appearance since his Portman Road departure and makes his first return this afternoon.
“David will look forward to going back there and playing well. I don’t think it will faze him, I don’t think anything fazes him really.
“When he talks people listen. His views are very knowledgeable, and a really popular guy in the changing room. When we sit down and have discussions about tactical stuff or whatever, he contributes and it’s always something that’s worth hearing.
“He’s not the loudest in there, but when he says something it’s usually quite funny, or quite meaning. People respect what he’s done, how he plays and conducts himself.
You may also want to watch:
“He came in to push, and has been one of the leading lights in terms of his performances. The crowd reaction to him has been great.
“He’s got genuine talent, that’s plain for everyone to see. You always want your lads up top to score but he brings so much else to the table with him.”
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 8 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 9 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 10 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town