Cissokho claims Spurs interest
PORTO left-back Aly Cissokho is set to make a decision on his future at the end of the season after claiming Tottenham are interested in him. (Sky Sports)The 21-year-old France-born defender could sign an extension to his current deal with the Portuguese giants but is also attracting other clubs.
PORTO left-back Aly Cissokho is set to make a decision on his future at the end of the season after claiming Tottenham are interested in him. (Sky Sports)
The 21-year-old France-born defender could sign an extension to his current deal with the Portuguese giants but is also attracting other clubs.
“I have a contract until 2012 and the club officials want me to add another year to that,” he said. “I also know there are big clubs looking at me, and Tottenham is one of them and that is fine. I will talk with my club and we will see what happens from there. We will just wait until the end of the season and then see.”
Left-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto is one of the most improved players under Harry Redknapp but the Spurs boss is short on cover in that position, with Gareth Bale out of favour.
You may also want to watch:
Redknapp is set to add two or three players in the summer and allow some players to leave. Midfielder Adel Taarabt expects to be one departure.
Taarabt, who has just returned from a loan spell at QPR, said: “I'm going to leave Tottenham during the summer no matter what. They can't give me what I want, so my departure is inevitable.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 8 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 9 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
“I need time on the pitch. At my age I can't wait any longer - I just want to play - and that is why I agreed to join QPR in March.
“They want to buy me, and have made Spurs an offer for me. My agent has a meeting with Spurs' management in a week's time.
“Several English and French clubs are after me, as well as others in Spain and Germany. I will make a decision once I see what offers I've got.”
Dorian Dervite, who is on loan at Southend, may also leave.