Civelli wants to play for Blackburn
ARGENTINE defender Renato Civelli wants to re-kindle a proposed move to Blackburn. (Daily Mirror)Civelli, 25, broke off discussions with Rovers over a Bosman switch after failing to agree terms due to his excessive demands.
ARGENTINE defender Renato Civelli wants to re-kindle a proposed move to Blackburn. (Daily Mirror)
Civelli, 25, broke off discussions with Rovers over a Bosman switch after failing to agree terms due to his excessive demands.
But the star, who is a free agent after leaving Marseille, has had a change of heart because he is desperate to play in the Premier League.
Civelli's arrival could spark Stephen Warnock's sale to Aston Villa, who are hoping to agree a �6million transfer.
You may also want to watch:
Blackburn Rovers boss Sam Allardyce has been blocked from signing Spanish legend Michel Salgado on a free transfer - by his club's money men.
Allardyce teed up the ambitious move for the former Real Madrid skipper and was pictured cheerfully wining and dining him when he flew in for talks.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
But Salgado left without signing as Allardyce was told that he had to balance the books more - despite selling striker Roque Santa Cruz to Manchester City and only bringing in cut-price replacements.
Allardyce has also had to shelve cheap moves for French pair Jerome Rothen and Aurelien Capoue because of this surprise tightening of the Rovers belt.
However the Salgado affair has put a cloud over his plans for the season - with the 33-year-old exactly the type Allardyce loves to work with and give the chance of a successful end to their careers.
Rovers could afford all three potential recruits by selling Stephen Warnock to Aston Villa, but Allardyce is reluctant to trade the England hopeful - and hoped for the funds to bring in extra bodies.