Clacton Seafront parkrun to celebrate 100th event next weekend
- Credit: Archant
In the latest in our series of the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we focus on the well-established Clacton Seafront parkun
Clacton Seafront parkrun staged its 99th event on Saturday morning, and so will celebrate its landmark 100th parkrun on the promenade this coming weekend.
Anthony Moore, a member of Billericay Striders, led home a field of 98 in 19mins 37secs at his first crack at this event.
Paul Game, of Haverhill RC, was second with 19:41 for the fast 5K route, a little way off his personal best for the three-lap course of 19:12.
Kieran James was third (20:27) and Ray Baggs, of Great Bentley RC, registering 20:30 in fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Phoebe Young, in the 10-and-under age group, was the first female finisher in 24:35. She was also first home the previous weekend.
Fellow youngster Emily Magee (11-14 year-old) was second in 25:33, with Claire Young third (26:20).
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
Those taking part in their first-ever parkruns were Bertie Ketterer, Julie Harvey and Elicia Harvey.