Clarets down to bare bones against U's
Essex Senior Cup - Semi-FinalChelmsford City vs Colchester UnitedMonday 16th February, Melbourne Park, Kick-Off 7:30pm.CHELMSFORD City's players will have the opportunity to prove their worthiness for a regular starting place this evening as the Clarets look to take one final step on the road to the Essex Senior Cup final against Coca-Cola Football League One side, Colchester United.
CHELMSFORD City look to take one final step on the road to the Essex Senior Cup final against Coca-Cola Football League One side Colchester United tonight.
The Clarets squad is down to its bare bones after the weekend's exertions at home to Dorchester Town, where Chris Duffy was named as a substitute despite nursing a broken leg.
Two-goal hero Sam Sloma is also unavailable for the Clarets having been cup-tied in his time with Grays Athletic, leaving the management team with a selection headache for this final four clash.
City will hope reduced admission charges at Melbourne will attract additional supporters to cheer them on their way to another lengthy run in this season's County Cup, the match benefitting from special reductions at the turnstiles.
You may also want to watch:
The 7.30pm kick-off, which is earlier than usual to provide for the possibility of extra-time and penalties, will cost just �6 for adults, �3 for concessions and �1 for accompanied under 16s, with a �1 surcharge across the board for a seat in the Main Stand.
Weather Forecast: Cloudy. 4 degrees Celsius. Wind 6 mph.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall