Clarets handed FA Cup trip to Wycombe
CHELMSFORD City have been handed a trip to League Two side Wycombe Wanderers in the second round of the FA Cup.
The injury-hit Blue Square South side held on for a 3-2 win over lower-level non-league side Hendon at Melbourne Stadium yesterday after having keeper James Pullen sent off just before half-time.
It is the first time since 1986 the Essex club has been in the second round of the FA Cup.
Wycombe, relegated from League One last season, just about secured their progress yesterday with a winner deep into injury-time at non-league side Hayes & Yeading.
The Chairboys – who play their home games at the 10,000 capacity Adams Park – are currently fourth in League Two.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Colchester United will host non-league side Swindon Supermarine in round two following their 4-3 victory over Bradford City.
Blue Square Premier side Cambridge United held League One side Huddersfield to a 0-0 draw at The Abbey Stadium yesterday. Victory in the replay would see them host the winners of Southend United or Macclesfield Town in round two.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 8 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
Second round ties will be played on the weekend of November 27/28, with Premier League and Championship clubs entering the competition at the third round stage.
– For match report on Chelmsford’s 3-2 win over Hendon, as well as reaction to the draw, see Monday’s EADT.