Clinton Morrison is blunt about his celebration against Blades
COLCHESTER United goalscorer Clinton Morrison made no excuse for running half the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of disgruntled Sheffield United fans, following his equaliser in Saturday’s 1-1 draw.
Morrison cupped his ears, as if to say – ‘I can’t hear you now’ – after being on the wrong end of boos and jeers from Blades supporters.
The 33-year-old had spent the previous two seasons at Sheffield rivals Wednesday.
Morrison insisted: “Sheffield United fans had given me abuse, and I’m not the sort of player, from all my years, who is just going to walk back to the half-way line.
“I was going to give them something back, but it’s friendly banter.
You may also want to watch:
“They probably want to kill me, but it’s only football.
“You entertain fans, and you don’t mind getting a bit of stick every now and then,” added Morrison.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 3 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
See today’s ‘East Anglian Daily Times’ newspaper for more Clinton Morrison quotes and a match report.