Close away defeat for Sudbury
London 3 North - South Woodham Ferrers 18 Sudbury 14
SOUTH Woodham Ferrers put the first points on the board with an unconverted try after 13 minutes.
Sudbury continued to defend well achieving three points from a penalty after 22 minutes, scored by Tom Summers, only to have the points wiped out by the hosts, who scored their own penalty just a minute later.
South Woodham managed another try at the end of a stop/start half, but Sudbury’s heads did not go down as they continued in the second half.
Sudbury seemed to take some control of the game from the hour mark with Summers putting a penalty between the posts before Matt Johnson’s try.
You may also want to watch:
Summers couldn’t manage the conversion and was even more frustrated, when a few minutes later, he had a try disallowed for an alleged knock-on at the line.
Ferrers upped their defence under consistent pressure from Sudbury but fell foul of the rules, giving Summers an easy penalty to put Sudbury ahead by one point.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
In the last period of play, Sudbury kicked the ball to the side line to end the game, but an unfortunate bounce left the ball in play and a Woodham player ran through to win the game for his side.