Club raises fine amount for young Alfie’s fund
A fantastic total of �5,000 will be presented to the Alfie Rix trust fund before the team’s first game of the season at home to South Woodham Ferrers today.
Alfie is the young son of former Sudbury stalwart Josh Rix who died, aged 23, earlier this year.
The fund was set up by Josh’s family and the rugby club have shown their support with their own fundraising effort.
“We have put a lot of effort into fundraising (for Alfie) and we wanted to make sure we collected a good sum of money.
“Josh was a big man; big in stature, big in heart and his death had a huge impact on the club.
You may also want to watch:
“The club will be making a modest presentation before the game.”
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema