Coker completes U’s switch
Ben Coker’s move to Colchester United has been made official this afternoon.
BEN Coker’s move to Colchester United has been made official this afternoon.
The 21-year-old has signed a two-year deal at the Weston Homes Community Stadium to complete a switch from Suffolk non-league side Bury Town.
The left-sided specialist was recommended to the club at the back end of last season by his manager – former U’s favourite Richard Wilkins.
After impressing in a reserve game against Norwich City, he linked up with John Ward’s first team squad on their return to pre-season training for an extended trial. Ward has played him in all four of his friendly matches so far this summer and was sufficiently impressed to offer him a permanent deal.
You may also want to watch:
Coker becomes Ward’s fourth signing of the summer following versatile right-back Brian Wilson (released by Bristol City), central midfielder Andy Bond (from non-league side Barrow) and versatile midfielder Lloyd James (released by Southampton).
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
- 10 New-look Cobbold Stand finished - and what a difference it makes!