Colchester get RFU’s seal of approval
COLCHESTER Rugby Club have made it a triple success for Eastern Counties rugby after becoming the third side in the area to earn the Whole Club Seal of Approval.
Following in the footsteps of Ipswich YM and Wymondham Rugby Club, Colchester have become the latest side to earn the award which has only been given to about 50 clubs across the country.
Delighted Colchester chairman John Powell spoke of his pride at the award and praised everyone who has helped make it possible.
Powell said: “We are delighted to have earned the RFU’s Whole Club Seal of Approval. It shows we are a well-run rugby club and puts down a marker that this is a good place to bring your youngsters and play in a safe environment.
“Under the whole seal of approval, there is about 70 different criteria you have to fulfil but you can’t just fill the forms in - you have to have done the work.”
You may also want to watch:
Powell admitted there were also positive financial reasons for having the full approval adding: “It sets a marker down to the donor community that says we are a good place. Without it, I think it will become very difficult to get funding from any public organisation.”
The chairman praised the work of everyone at the club including the scores of volunteers who help run the youth and minis section headed by Ross Cowie and Andy Wadling.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
Colchester Rugby Club has an impressive 1,500 members with 700 under the age of Under-19s with a typical weekend seeing 25 adult and junior teams playing in the club colours.