Colchester United have injury concerns ahead of Yeovil clash
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Colchester United have some injury concerns, ahead of this weekend’s home match against Yeovil Town, with both Ryan Jackson and Brandon Comley struggling with ankle problems.
The U’s are seven points adrift of the League Two play-off zone, with 10 matches remaining, so they really need to record what would be a first win in four matches, against the lowly Glovers.
However, both right-back Jackson and midfielder Comley, who netted the first goal of his professional career with the equaliser in a 1-1 draw last Saturday, facing late fitness tests.
“Brandon (Comley) turned his ankle last week, but carried on and got his goal,” revealed boss John McGreal, during this lunchtime’s press conference.
“You can lose players in a heartbeat at this club, and Ryan (Jackson) is also struggling with his ankle.
You may also want to watch:
“He went over on it, so we are waiting on him before deciding what to do for this weekend,” added McGreal.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain