‘Not everyone is aware of their futures’ – Colchester United boss John McGreal
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, has revealed that new contract offers have been made to certain players, but that other futures are still up in the air.
McGreal was delighted that young attacker Courtney Senior agreed to sign a new two-year deal earlier this week, but there is still a big group of players whose current contracts expire this summer.
“A few other offers are in place for other players, and we are waiting for answers on them now,” explained McGreal, following today’s training session.
“If not, then we have other irons in the fire.
“Certainly, not everyone is aware of their futures just yet. Some do know, others do not, so there is a lot still to play for this season.
“It’s still only April and we have to give players four weeks notice before their contracts are up,” added McGreal.
The U’s are in action at promotion-chasing Lincoln City this weekend.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident