Colchester United boost as Sanchez Watt is back!
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Colchester United boss Joe Dunne has revealed this morning that star winger Sanchez Watt is back in the squad for this Saturday’s trip to Oldham Athletic.
It is just the sort of news that the Essex club needed, coming in the wake of last weekend’s dismal 4-0 home flop to Notts County.
Watt has missed the bulk of this season, since his high-profile summer move from Arsenal, due to injury.
The 22-year-old has suffered several knock-backs in his desperate quest to return to match fitness, but he has now been deemed fit enough to make the trip to Greater Manchester.
Watt looks sure to be on the bench at Boundary Park.
You may also want to watch:
Dunne confirmed: “Sanchez (Watt) is back in the squad, which is a major bonus for us.
“He has trained with us and it’s positive news for the team.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
Watt himself enthused: “It feels good to be back. I’ve been a long time out.”
Watt’s last appearance was the 2-1 home defeat to Leyton Orient on August 31. Sicne then he has been dogged by a thigh injury.