U’s boss could tinker with formation for trip to Lincoln
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, is toying with the idea of reverting to his former favoured three-at-the-back system, for tomorrow’s visit to Sincil Bank.
McGreal has stuck with a four-man back-line in recent weeks, with Tom Eastman and Luke Prosser as the specialist centre-halves.
That formation has worked well. In fact, the U’s had not conceded two goals in a match for 11 weeks, until suffering a 3-1 home reverse to Notts County last weekend.
But McGreal could include a third centre-back against Lincoln, to combat the Imps’ direct, physical approach, with Frankie Kent and Ryan Inniss vying for that role.
It would mean Ryan Jackson and Kane Vincent-Young switching from full-backs to wing-backs.
You may also want to watch:
“Frankie (Kent) and Ryan (Inniss) have both trained well, so that’s food for thought for me,” said McGreal.
However, the U’s boss confirmed that Tom Lapslie (hamstring) and Brennan Dickenson (leg) will both miss out again.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 5 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk