U’s boss John McGreal expecting a reaction from Carlisle
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, is expecting a reaction from tomorrow’s hosts Carlisle United to the heartache of their 4-3 defeat at Wycombe Wanderers last weekend.
The Cumbrians were 3-2 up and playing against 10 men following Luke O’Nien’s dismissal, going into injury-time at Adams Park.
But Keith Curle’s men then shipped two goals in stoppage tine, through Paris Cowan-Hall’s 93rd minute header and then ex-Us midfielder Marcus Bean’s 96th minute volley, to see victory and even a draw snatched from their grasp.
McGreal said: “Carlisle are a team full of experience, and after last week’s match one or two things will have been said to put things right when they play at home to Colchester.
“We have to try and stem that, because Carlisle have been in good form of late at home. However, conceding two late goals does sometimes stay in the mind,” added McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
Carlisle have won three of their last four home games.
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 6 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more