Colchester United boss John McGreal feeling ‘very sore’ after defeat to Magpies
- Credit: Richard Blaxall / Pagepix
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, was feeling “very sore” after his side conceded an injury-time goal in Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at joint leaders Notts County.
The U’s looked good value for a point, when substitute Sanmi Odelusi swept home an 89th minute equaliser, only for midfielder Ryan Yates to nod home a 93rd minute winner from a set piece.
“I thought the first-half performance was one of the best since I’ve been here, coming to the top-of-the-league and dominating the ball and the play, and creating good opportunities,” insisted McGreal.
“We knew we couldn’t make them (Notts County) look as bad as they were, in the second half, but to concede the way we did in the 90-odd minute is a very sore one.
“When you have got someone on the edge, you have to push them off. We need to be more ruthless in front of goal, when we are so dominant,” added McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
Mikael Mandron also had a penalty saved in a frustrating afternoon at Meadow Lane.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 6 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter