Colchester United boss John McGreal has a new striker and a new defender in his sights
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Colchester United’s search for a new striker is gathering pace, as manager John McGreal looks to snap up a goalscorer before the transfer window closes at the end of this month.
“We are looking to bring in a new striker, and the money is there,” confirmed McGreal.
“We have been promised the money to bring in a striker. The recruitment (team), Tony (Humes), Steve (Ball) and myself have now all got our hands to the pump.
“I don’t need to hurry. I have got until Thursday, so there is no need to rush, there is no panic. I have plenty of time. There are obviously players and clubs that we are talking to, but we won’t say anything until we get the players over the line.
“We have got options in those striker positions, but we would love another goalscorer, obviously, a striker that does something different,” added McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s boss also said that he is looking for a defender. “We’re looking at a little bit of both,” added McGreal.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 9 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 10 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault