Colchester United boss John McGreal targeting two new players
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, has confirmed that he is in the market for a couple of new attacking players, during this month’s transfer window.
McGreal signed defender Paul Rooney from Millwall yesterday, although the 20-year-old left-sided specialist is seen more as an under-23 regular, rather than first-team material for the immediate future.
But the U’s boss wants to bolster his League Two attacking options before the transfer window closes at the end of this month.
“I’m still looking,” confirmed McGreal, following this morning’s training session at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“It’s been a frustrating window as such, so far. There are areas that I want to improve, in times of wide areas and in attack. We want to get in a new winger, if we can.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had two bids in, but they have not worked out for us with the players going elsewhere instead.
“It’s been a frustrating month so far, as we tended to find out last year, and as other managers are finding out as well.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
“But we have not been idle, certainly not.
“I’d like to try and get in a couple of new players,” added McGreal.
The U’s are away at Port Vale this Saturday.