Colchester United boss John McGreal targeting two new players
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, has confirmed that he is in the market for a couple of new attacking players, during this month’s transfer window.
McGreal signed defender Paul Rooney from Millwall yesterday, although the 20-year-old left-sided specialist is seen more as an under-23 regular, rather than first-team material for the immediate future.
But the U’s boss wants to bolster his League Two attacking options before the transfer window closes at the end of this month.
“I’m still looking,” confirmed McGreal, following this morning’s training session at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“It’s been a frustrating window as such, so far. There are areas that I want to improve, in times of wide areas and in attack. We want to get in a new winger, if we can.
“We’ve had two bids in, but they have not worked out for us with the players going elsewhere instead.
“It’s been a frustrating month so far, as we tended to find out last year, and as other managers are finding out as well.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 5 Ed Sheeran pays the most tax of any celebrity in the UK
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 8 Popular Sudbury bakery reveals aim to save town's post office
- 9 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 10 Parents’ fury as bouncy castle business leaves children in the lurch
“But we have not been idle, certainly not.
“I’d like to try and get in a couple of new players,” added McGreal.
The U’s are away at Port Vale this Saturday.