Colchester United boss John McGreal waxes lyrical about Mikael Mandron
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, was very impressed with the brief first appearance of his latest signing, Mikael Mandron, at Braintree Town on Saturday.
Centre-forward Mandron, recruited from Wigan on a two-year deal on Friday, played the last 30 minutes of a 3-0 win at Cressing Road.
“It was a real good cameo 30 minutes from big Mikael,” enthused McGreal.
“He brings us something different to what we’ve got, with Denny (Johnstone), and Drey (Wright) and Kurtis (Guthrie).
“Mikael has a little more subtlety about the box, and he’s another big lad but mobile as well.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s why we target these type of boys. He’s 6t 3ins and is good in the air, and also has good movement, in the way that Denny has also find his feet again.
“He’s an exciting signing for the club. I know Paul Cook really well at Wigan, and when he took over (as manager) we’ve had an eye on Mikael,” added McGreal.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'