‘We are on a run’ – Colchester United boss John McGreal
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United are on a roll, but they will have to maintain that momentum if they are to clinch promotion this season.
Tuesday night’s 2-1 win over League Two play-off rivals Coventry City has propelled John McGreal’s men to within three points and three places of the top seven.
The U’s have only lost three of their last 20 league matches, so they are certainly in the promotion shake-up, especially as they have back-to-back games against bottom-three clubs over the next two weeks, away at lowly Crewe tomorrow and then at home to basement dwellers Barnet on Saturday week.
“We want to keep that run going. Our dip in January was only due to the draws, not due to performances.
“The draws (11 from 33 games this season) have pegged us back. We’ve dropped a few points, but we are on a run now.
“It’s game-by-game for us, because things can happen in a heart-beat, like with injuries,” added McGreal.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 7 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 8 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR