‘We are on a run’ – Colchester United boss John McGreal
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United are on a roll, but they will have to maintain that momentum if they are to clinch promotion this season.
Tuesday night’s 2-1 win over League Two play-off rivals Coventry City has propelled John McGreal’s men to within three points and three places of the top seven.
The U’s have only lost three of their last 20 league matches, so they are certainly in the promotion shake-up, especially as they have back-to-back games against bottom-three clubs over the next two weeks, away at lowly Crewe tomorrow and then at home to basement dwellers Barnet on Saturday week.
“We want to keep that run going. Our dip in January was only due to the draws, not due to performances.
“The draws (11 from 33 games this season) have pegged us back. We’ve dropped a few points, but we are on a run now.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s game-by-game for us, because things can happen in a heart-beat, like with injuries,” added McGreal.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim