Colchester United boss John McGreal would love to go with the ‘same team’ at Chesterfield
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Colchester United have a few bumps and bruises, ahead of tomorrow’s away test at Chesterfield, although boss John McGreal would love to name an unchanged side for the fourth successive match.
Frankie Kent, Kane Vincent-Young and Kyel Reid are among those players nursing niggling injuries, but it would be no surprise if McGreal manages to select the same starting XI which has so far notched away wins at Swindon and Crawley, and secured a 1-1 home draw against Port Vale.
“It would be great if we could go with the same team,” insisted McGreal.
“But we do have one or two knocks at the minute. Also we have to think about the fact that we have two games in three days (home match against Cambridge United on New Year’s Day).
“We will see how the players have recovered, and we need to keep them fresh, so there is food for thought.”
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Inniss and Doug Loft are again expected to miss out with shoulder injuries.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton