Colchester United boss Kevin Keen hopes to strengthen his squad this week
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United manager, Kevin Keen, is hoping to strengthen his squad with at least one new signing this week.
The U’s are currently on a terrible run of just one win in their last 16 league games, with just five points gathered from a possible 48 during that period.
They were unlucky to lose 2-1 at home to Sheffield United on Saturday, undone by David Edgar’s injury-time winner, while tomorrow they return to home action with the visit of fellow strugglers Fleetwood Town.
“I certainly think there might be a couple of things happen, within a week,” revealed Keen.
“Maybe something might happen before Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
“If not, then hopefully before the Scunthorpe game (away on Saturday), we might have one in.”
Keen also insisted that he had received no interest in any of his players, during this month’s transfer window, despite speculation surrounding George Moncur’s possible move to a Championship club.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 9 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 10 A14 closed after serious crash between van and car
“I’ve had no interest and no phone calls,” insisted Keen.
“We need to leave the boy (Moncur) alone and let him play his football.
“This is all speculation that neither me nor the chairman (Robbie Cowling) knows about.
“I want to hand on to all my best players.
“There’s certain people in my squad who are of a pedigree who can go on and play at a higher level, but I want to keep them here to make sure they do their bit for Colchester United.”