U’s defender signs on loan for Braintree Town
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United defender, Cameron James, has signed on loan for National League side Braintree Town.
James heads a list of four new recruits secured by Iron manager Brad Quinton, as the Essex club make sweeping changes in order to arrest what has been a poor start to the season.
Centre-half or defensive midfielder James, aged 20, is a product of the U’s Academy, who first joined the Club when he was aged just nine.
A former regular in the Colchester senior squad, since making his debut on the final day of the 2015-16 season, James has struggled to break into the 18-man match-day squad this season.
He has made 27 senior appearances in all for the League Two U’s, and is now set to make his Braintree debut away at Boreham Wood tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
James has signed on a half-season loan until January.
The other three new players signed by Braintree are striker Justin Amaluzor, central defender Dave Nieskens and midfielder Mohammed Sagaf.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton