Colchester United face a ‘waiting game’ with regards Brennan Dickenson
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Colchester United are playing a “waiting game” in terms of Brennan Dickenson’s fitness going into Saturday’s home match against fifth-placed Notts County.
Influential winger, Dickenson, has missed the U’s last couple of fixtures, due to a dead leg, while midfielder Tom Lapslie has also sat out the last two due to a tweaked hamstring, sustained early on in the 2-1 win over Luton.
“Both Tom (Lapslie) and Brennan (Dickenson) are being assessed, but this weekend will probably come too soon for Tom,” revealed U’s boss John McGreal, during this lunchtime’s press conference at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“It’s a waiting game with Brennan, to see how he is.”
The U’s are still four points adrift of the play-off zone, following the midweek results in League Two, going into their last four fixtures.
The Essex club are therefore still in with a shout of sneaking into the top seven, although their final four games are all against opposition above them in the table.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 6 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 9 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 10 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss