Colchester United hoping to sign new player before loan transfer deadline
Colchester United boss Joe Dunne is hoping to close in on signing a new loan player, before tomorrow’s transfer deadline.
Speaking after his side’s 4-2 defeat at league leaders Wolves on Tuesday night, Dunne said: “We have got the deadline on Thursday, and there one or two things we might look to do.
“I’m after a certain experienced player, in a certain position.
“I think we are moving closer, but there are a couple of clubs we are up against, so we’ll see where we get to.
“It’s a phone call to make, and we’ll see what happens,” added Dunne.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s travel to basement dwellers Notts County on Saturday.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 A12 closed following serious collision
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 10 Ipswich Debenhams to close on May 4 after the building is sold