Colchester United hoping to sign new player before loan transfer deadline
Colchester United boss Joe Dunne is hoping to close in on signing a new loan player, before tomorrow’s transfer deadline.
Speaking after his side’s 4-2 defeat at league leaders Wolves on Tuesday night, Dunne said: “We have got the deadline on Thursday, and there one or two things we might look to do.
“I’m after a certain experienced player, in a certain position.
“I think we are moving closer, but there are a couple of clubs we are up against, so we’ll see where we get to.
“It’s a phone call to make, and we’ll see what happens,” added Dunne.
The U’s travel to basement dwellers Notts County on Saturday.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 8 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR