Colchester United linked with Matthew Briggs
Reports from the Millwall end suggest that Colchester United are interested in signing defender Matthew Briggs, on a loan deal.
Briggs was left out of the Lions’ squad for the 3-1 home defeat to Ipswich Town last Saturday.
And since then, it has been reported that the U’s have made an approach for Briggs.
A specialist left-back, Briggs has not featured since a 4-0 defeat at Bradford City on January 14.
The 23-year-old, however, can also operate as a centre-half (he is 6ft 2ins) or on the left wing.
You may also want to watch:
Briggs looks set to struggle to regain his place in the Millwall starting line-up, with Dan Harding currently ahead of him in the pecking order.
He signed a one-year deal at The Den last summer, after spending eight seasons at Fulham.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 6 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
Any potential six-month loan move to Colchester would therefore see him to the end of his contract at the South London club.
Wandsworth-born Briggs totalled 13 league appearances for Fulham, before moving on to Millwall, where he had a bitter-sweet debut.
He scored the winner in a 1-0 success over Wycombe, in the League Cup last August, only to be sent off for two bookable offences on the hour mark.
He has made 12 senior appearances for the Lions.