Colchester United manager Tony Humes’ comments on George Moncur’s absence
George Moncur was a glaring absentee from Colchester United’s 18-man squad, for tonight’s goalless draw against Oldham Athletic.
Ex-West Ham midfielder Moncur has been a big player for the U’s, since his switch from Upton Park, bagging nine goals last season to help the Essex club avoid relegation.
He has had a quieter start to this campaign, but it was still a surprise for Moncur to not be named in the team, or even in the squad, tonight.
“George (Moncur) was not available,” revealed Humes.
“That’s all that needs to be said. He is not injured. We just have to respect the position that George is in, at this moment in time.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s all I can say, at this moment in time. That’s the position.”
With regards whether Moncur would return, for this Saturday’s trip to Fleetwood Town, Humes said: “I hope he will be back, yes.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 10 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
“George is part of this football club, and we will have to see on that, and just respect what is going on at the minute, and go that way.”
Asked about the possibility of Moncur being the subject of transfer speculation, Humes added: “I have no comment on that.”